After being down and out with the flu, I don’t have a proper post this week. On the other hand, I have some random assorted thoughts on tarot. Some of these are humdrum. Some of these make me laugh. I can see some of these being developed into full posts later, I suppose. Anyways, with no further ado, here goes (some cussin’ follows):
- The Hermit and Hanged Man aren’t all that different. Intention plays the big difference.
- For all their supposed “negativity,” I kinda like seeing Death, The Tower, and the Three of Swords. The Ten of Swords, though? Fuck that card.
- Considering that it’s all about creativity and stuff, Wands has a particularly notable amount of”negative” cards. Huh.
- Actually, the fact that Swords and Wands numbered cards end so brutally and Cups and Pentacle numbered cards end so positively says a lot about the opinions of the tarot deck.
- What’s the deal with the Hierophant? He kinda seems like a dick. Or is it that my pre-conceived, born-and-raised-a-Catholic-and-later-abandoned-the-Church prejudice is showing?
- All of the Six cards make me happy.
- All of the Four cards bore me.
- What secret is the Queen of Swords keeping? She seems like a serious boss.
- Ace cards are really hard to interpret. There’s a part of me that likes the idea of immediately drawing a clarifying card whenever an Ace is pulled. But there’s another part of me that thinks that this is like the designated hitter rule: bullshit.
Okey Dokey. Well, back to regular posting next week. In the meantime, thanks for bearing with my random assorted thoughts on tarot.